The Training: What’s involved, how does it work and what do you receive?
The VA Business Mastery System is a flexible, INTENSIVE training course in 5 stages which is designed to fit around you, your current circumstances, your ideas for the future and your budget. This runs for approximately 12 to 16 weeks (with further ongoing mentoring) whether full or part-time. Of course, to be able to truly MASTER this business you want to cover every angle to ensure you start and run a business that is successful for you. Rome was not built in a day!
It is important to us at VACT that you create a strong foundation for your new business. This can only be achieved if you have the right support and all the right information. We rely on our past experience and successes so that you don’t have to re-invent the wheel all on your own. The course is crammed full of all the tools you need in your VA toolbox to make a success of your new venture. It will also give you the opportunity to create your own business and marketing strategy whilst still on the course so that everything is ready for your launch date.
The training can be undertaken while you are still in full-time employment so that you know you are ready to go before you make that final leap.
..that you allow yourself plenty of time to complete the training – at least 12 to 16 weeks prior to your launch date if possible. However, you can take anything from one month to a year if you wanted to. It’s entirely up to you. Therefore, if you want to start earning a good income from this business, we advise you provide yourself the time and space to create the business, the longer launch time you provide yourself the better. It needs a quality approach to make it really work.
The 5 Stage Programme – what’s involved?
Stage 1 Pre-Course
Stage 2 This stage provides you with interactive training with 5 options, which include the following:
- Group x 2 Day Training in person.
- Group Training via Teleseminar x 10 sessions.
- Private Training x 2 Days in person.
- Private Training via Teleseminar x 10 sessions.
- Online Study with a selection of Webinar Training.
Stage 3 Study Modules and Business Strategy Preparation with feedback
Stage 4 Business Coaching & Mentoring
Stage 5 Ongoing Group Mentoring Support
Stage 1 – Pre-Course
Time Required: 6-7 hours approx.
What’s Involved: Home Study Online and Interactive Webinar
A one-hour interactive webinar ‘Ignite Your Business’ which takes place once a month, ensures that you are getting focused on your vision. This teaches you how to create an empowering and inspiring vision and how to attract it. Exploring the exact way to ensure you know how to work effectively towards goal setting and planning.
A 30-page Ebook ‘What it Takes to Become a Remarkable VA’ which looks at the first stages of setting up and starting to think about the outcome you want and how to attract opportunities to make it all happen when starting out on this exciting journey as a VA.
A two-part series podcast on ‘How to Create Confidence and Attract Success’ – this is based on VACT founder, Carmen MacDougall’s years of experience coaching people, as a renowned coach and NLP Master, to regain their confidence, refocus on their goals and start to turn their lives around and achieve positive results.
Stage 2 – Interactive Training
- Time Required: 6 hours per module approx.
- What’s Involved: Interactive Training dependent on choice of training method (See Stage 2 explained and options).
- Stage 2 is your springboard. It is very intensive and highly interactive, covering 10 very comprehensive modules (this is a MUST read). It gives you all the essential information on getting your business started, how to run it, how to find and manage your clients, fee structures, marketing, networking and much, much more. Seriously, you need to click on the 9 modules information above, just to see how much is covered in this stage of the course.
- It offers tremendous flexibility so that whatever your circumstances, wherever in the world you are, and whatever your budget, you can get the best possible start for your new VA business. See the Timetable & Fees page for more detailed information about the options available.
- Attending the group training is a fantastic opportunity to meet other like-minded individuals at the same stage as yourself. The atmosphere and energy in the room are always amazing as everyone is excited about their new venture. All delegates share and support one another as part of their new VA community.
- If you can’t attend group training, or would prefer one-to-one training in person or by phone, check out the Calendar page to see whether any of the options listed there are suitable for you. If not, contact angela.dawson@VACT-north.co.uk to discuss alternative dates and locations as well as bespoke training opportunities.
- Comprehensive VA Business Bible which includes x 10 very comprehensive modules.
- Business startegy assignments to complete, with examples and templates, to ensure you have created a unique strategy for your business success.
- The VA Toolbook – your ongoing guide to your business review to ensure ongoing growth long-term of your business operations.
- Technology and Software Links - ensuring that you know which systems you should be using for the remote access running of your business. We have also arranged online tutorials for you.
- VA Business Templates to include:
- Client confidentiality and relationship contract.
- Retainer contract.
- Associate contract.
- Non Disclosure agreement.
- Client proposal.
- Prospective client questionnaire.
- New client questionnaire.
- New client welcome pack.
- Client review questionnaire.
- Marketing templates.
- Newsletter copy/press release.
- Social media guide.
- A business handbook on social marketing for VAs.
- Audios to listen to which cover many of the topics covered in the modules:
- how to conduct a meeting with a prospective client.
- how to conduct a review session with a client.
- how to prepare for your first networking event and creating your pitch.
- how to give a presentation with a Powerpoint presentation to use.
- how to choose an associate VA and how to delegate.
- how to charge what you are worth and overcome fee objections.
- …and more.
Stage 3 – Self-Study and Business Strategy Preparation with Feedback
- What’s Involved: By the end of Stage 2 you’ll be raring to go with your new business. However, it is essential that you have a business strategy, especially if you want to prepare any documentation for banks or investors. Stage 3 helps you do just that. Based on our own business experiences, we present you with a model (covered in the VA Business Mastery System Business Bible x 10 modules) hat we’ve developed over the years. Using this model together with the templates and marketing material (as stated in Stage 2) presented at this stage, you’ll be able to build your own strong business strategy. This is your blueprint; the foundation on which to build your business and achieve your goals.
- You will have time to put together the strategies working at your own pace, using the guidelines and examples provided to you, and then we give you the feedback.
- This can be completed whether you are still at work full-time or working around children, or you may be fortunate to have more time on your hands to complete this stage far quicker.
- A good business strategy is vital for a successful business.
- Time Required: 6 hours per module approx.
Stage 4 – Business Coaching and Mentoring
- What’s Involved: The support continues. You’re raring to go. You’ve got your business plan ready. You just need the confidence to go out there and do it, which is where Carmen – as a qualified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) coach – comes in.
NLP uses techniques to boost your self-belief:
- Boost self confidence
- Create the mindset of a business owner
- Create the ability to communicate confidently and successfully
- This could help you to take that final step and leave work to become a full time VA. It could prepare you for your first ever networking event. It could help you to present your business to a new client.
This coaching takes place [either online or by telephone] and is tailored specifically to you and your business. You can undertake this stage at any time within a year of completing Stage 2 – so you can make sure you’re well and truly ready to continue.
Time Required: 2 to 4 hours approx.
Stage 5 – Ongoing Group Mentoring & Your VA Community
Online, by telephone & via Teleseminars
By now your business should be up and running. However, we all learn through experience – and sometimes things don’t go according to plan. That’s why we believe it’s important to be part of a community of like-minded people who can give you advice, support and the benefit of their own experience. So, we have created a network of Regional X-Change Groups, connecting you with other VAs around the country.
You’ll also have free access to our fortnightly mentoring Teleseminars. We choose a topic (for instance, “Charging what you are worth”) and run a Teleseminar giving you information, tips and advice. You also have the chance to ask questions or share your own experiences with the other delegates on the conference call.
Stage 5 is a very important part of the VA Mastery Course. We make sure that you have continued and ongoing support so that you can make the most out of your business. We want you to be a success!